It has been a year since I took my fear of heights by the horns and jumped off a cliff in Hawaii and ended up with a broken ankle and a ruined trip. For those of you who don’t know the story I thought an anniversary re-cap was in order.
The Scene of the Accident:
Kipu Falls: A little gem hidden in the Kauai jungle, full of fun with rope swinging and cliff jumping.
The Scene of the Accident:
Kipu Falls: A little gem hidden in the Kauai jungle, full of fun with rope swinging and cliff jumping.


The Activity:
Cliff Jumping: The line for the rope swing was just a little too long for our impatient selves.


The Mistake:
Not looking down first: Fear of heights led to a quick jump so as to not look like a baby.

The Aftermath: hitting a rock only 5' under the water.


The Bruise and Swelling:

The X-Ray:

The Cast on the Beach: the one and only thing that should never be allowed.

The Surgery: two permanent 2" long screws later.

Really..who breaks their ankel in Hawaii?!? Honestly!!
9 comments:
I appreciated this re-cap very much. Pictures and all. I think you should go to Hawaii again. Just stay away from cliffs. And jumping.
soooo sad :(
Haha sucker! Jk i really felt way bad! Im just glad you jumped before me so it was you and not me! haha jk again! i was only glad it happened so that i didnt have to jump because im a baby too but i didnt want to look like one so i was gonna jump after you but secretly i was scared! so thanks for getting hurt so i didnt have to jump! but really, im sorry! Love ya dude! Love jay!
At least you've been to Hawaii. It's on my "to do" list. You also have a really cool story to tell everyone! Just be glad you didn't break your ankle on your long board in the church parking lot. :)
Nothing like a few screws in the ankle to ruin a good trip! I can't believe its already been a year since this terrible inccident! Time flies!
Boy, that makes my ankle hurt. I know a guy who completely severed his achilles tendon on his first night in Hawaii, he had two weeks to go before his mission, needless to say he had to put it off for a few months. Hawaii is a dangerous vacation destination ;<)
The recap was nice. I will now have a visual reminder anytime I consider taking on my slight fear of heights-I even consider elevators dangerous cause there is a big black empty pit beneath you-and that little box your in is so not going to protect you if ou fall.
Ouch! That puts a whole new spin on Kipu for me. And hey you stole my one and only pic of the place. Ha ha. I haven't heard a lot of revenge plans from you. Does that mean you're out?
ouch. I'm so glad that we were able to see all the pictures. It's like I was there watching you do it. Yuck. glad all of that is over!
Post a Comment