11.19.2008

Lucky in Love!

Today is our 4 year anniversary, and I can honesty say that I am 100 times more happy and more in love then I was on my wedding day. What a blessing it is to live with my best friend! Rather than write a sappy post about how much I love Colby, I decided to do the husband tag so you can all see how great he is. I will save the sappy words for his card.

Without further adu...Colby David Barker



1. Where did you meet? At EFY up at BYU Idaho .

2. How long did you date before you were married? 1 ½ years before his mission, and 9 months after.

3. How long have you been married? 4 years today!
4. What does he do that surprises you? I am a hard one to surprise, but the time he surprised me the most was when he proposed. I had absolutely no idea.

5. What is your favorite feature of his? His blue blue eyes. I joke that I will have as many kids as is takes to get one with his eyes.

6. What is your favorite quality of his? His great sense of humor. I love how goofy his is. It makes it hard to be in a bad mood when I am with him.
7. How old is he? 25

8. How old are you? 24

9. Who eats more sweets? I defiantly take the cake on this one…I am a sugar-holic.
10. Who said I love you first? I did, but he said it right back.

11. Who is taller? Colby, but we are both a little challenged.

12. Who can sing better? Colby for sure. He has a great punk band voice.
13. Who is smarter? We are both smart in different things. He is so smart with AV stuff and how to fix different things. He is also really knowledgeable about anything that interests him because he researches and studies things he likes.

14. Who does the laundry? Pretty sure you need both of us to do that…HA HA. Really it is mostly me, but since folding clothes is my most hated chore, I can get him to help me once in a while.

15. Who does the dishes? Me more then him, but he is good at helping.
16. His guilty pleasure? He loves the History channel and Animal Planet. If he had time to waste that is what he would want to do.

17. Who mows the lawn? Usually Colby, but I am a very good helper.

18. Besides you, who is his best friend? He is still close with lots of his friends. His best friends have always been Wes, Derek, and Cam, but he sees Derek the most since they work together.
19. Who cooks dinner? Mostly me, but when he does it is always super good. When he was a kid he wanted to be a chief.

20. Who drives? A good mix of both of us. He likes to drive the car when he gets a change since he drives a van all day for work, but if I am stressed about being late, I like to drive. I am defiantly a more aggressive driver.

21. Who is more stubborn? I say he is, but he would say I am. We are both very stubborn, but both have a hard time admitting it.
22. Who kissed who first? Colby kissed me, but I am sure I let him know I wanted to be kissed.

23. Who asked who out first? I gave him my number on the bus on the way home from EFY and a bunch of us hung out a couple of times, but he asked me out to a movie for our first real date.

24. Who proposed? Colby. I didn’t even know he had talked to my dad or gotten the ring. The first thing I said to him when I realized he what he was doing was “Shut Up”. I am glad he didn't!
25. Who has more siblings? We are tied. We both have 2

26. Who wears the pants? We are very even and compromise very well. No pants needed!!

27. What is your favorite thing about him? This is a hard one because I love so many things about him (he is very hardworking, funny, very loving.....) but if I had to pick one it would have to be how easy going he is. He always makes the best of whatever situation he is in. Whether we are working or playing, he always makes it fun.
28. Who has a worse temper? Me

29. What does he call you? Hunna, Quart, Hunbutt

30. What is your favorite thing to do together? We just love to be together, but it would have to be just relaxing together on Sunday afternoons either taking a nap or watching a movie. Boring I know, but we love it!
.
Lub you Colby! I can't wait for many more years!!

10 comments:

Just the 3 of us said...

congratulations!!! you guys are sooo cute together. i would love to hang out with you guys again soon! you still gotta meet kaylie!

The Edwards Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Edwards Family said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Gotta love that EFY! That sure was a fun one! Sometimes I miss those days...only sometimes though :)

katie said...

You guys are great. Thanks for liking us even with our gaggle of children.
Hope you had a great anniversary. You're poor grass.

Sara said...

Congrats! I didn't even call, but I am sure you were a little "busy"! HA! jk! I am gonna let Wes know who Colb's best buddy is... I guess we need to see you more than once every 3 months or so! What happened to your grass?

Anonymous said...

Aww QUART you are just so sweet! P.s. that pic of you guys kissing on your wedding and you can see grandpa jim in the background! HILARIOUS! He looks discusted and in shock! I love you two!

Love Jay

Wendi said...

Congrats on four years! You guys are so cute! I hope it takes you 6 kids to get Colby's eyes! Ha, Ha.

ls said...

um, i LOVE your rainy/snowy weather wedding day pictures. i think i like the overcast look more than the sunny look. i especially love the one where you guys are hugging (colby is kissing your cheek) in the foreground with the temple and some tree branches in the background. beautiful!

i know i'm late, but happy anniversary! ours is a day earlier but a year later.

Jess and Derek said...

I know this is way late but I never got the chance to say congrats!

Kamille said...

This is a seriously sweet post. I love all of your amazing pics.